Template

Friday, October 13, 2006

Lazy Homeschoolers



As promised, I got those articles on laziness posted to Dave's homeschool site. (He made me PROMISE I wouldn't mess anything up. He's such a worry wort. It has nothing to do with the car I crashed when we were engaged, or the one I totalled when my sister and I went on a "cheesecake run", or... I guess crashing his website scares him as much as crashing his car.)
Dave's site still isn't quite as "pretty" as I'd like, so I apologize. This weekend we have nothing to do but paint the exposed wood on the house before winter, mow the lawn, fix the garage door opener, clean the house, plan for 30 day cooking and a pandemic flu, get the kids over their residual cough and fight over who gets to use the computer.
Along the lines of full disclosure and the "Lazy Homeschoolers" title of this post...I should come clean with my laziness. I called Dave today to ask him how to do the code for the website and he asked me if I'd been on the computer all day. I had. He asked me if we'd gotten school done. Some of the diligent kids had, but the ones who struggle with laziness hadn't. His implication, although he's too sweet of a guy (and values his life enough) to ever say it outloud, but the implication was -- while you're playing with these articles on Laziness, have you been lazy doing what you want rather than what you should...ummnnn...uhhh... I sort of was pretty silent on the phone. I have been working hard...but ...mmm. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment