Template

Monday, April 07, 2008

Kids Address song and Phone number song

Sing to the ABC tune (We start this in preschool and just work on one verse at a time until they have completely memorized before moving on.)

555-5558 is my phone number, isn’t it great?
5555 4Syllable Drive
City, State is where I’m alive
This is the address for me
and my whole family!

My dad works at 555-
5555 and his friend, too.
Name-of-Business Associates
Is the office where my dad sits.
Daddy's friend Mr. Mike
Works with daddy, that’s what he likes.

I know when my mama drives
555-5555
is the number of her phone
so she can call me at our home
I can call my mom and dad
if I miss them or I’m sad.


Just find rhyming words for location [Drive-hive, Court-sport, Lane-rain] and numbers [1-fun, 2-blue, 3-tree, 4-more, 5-alive, 6-sticks, 7-heaven, 8-great, 9-mine, 10-then] to personalize the songs for your child's information.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! We sing our phone number to the tune of some song...hmmmm..."This is the way we brush our teeth, brush our teeth, brush our teeth. This is the way we brush our teeth, so early in the mor-ning." Can you hear the tune? LOL I honestly can't think of the real song's name! LOL

    So we sing the numbers to the same tune. 5-5-5-1-2-1-2....5-5-5-1-2-1-2...5-5-5-1-2-1-2....that's my phone num-ber.

    I will have to sing it for you sometime when we're out for coffee. LOL

    Oh, this is sad. Typing out and trying to explain this song. Sad, sad, sad. I almost think I should not post this comment, but here I've gone to all of this trouble of typing it and comments are so fun to get, so I'll go ahead and click "Publish Your Comment." :o)

    Heather :o)

    Oh, and my kids can barely PRONOUNCE our street's name, I can't imagine them trying to SING it. ROFL! I'm teaching them how to spell it in the event of an emergency b/c that's the only way someone will be able to figure it out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:16 PM

    What great ideas to memorize address and phone numbers! We've used the Mulberry Bush song for Dd#2s name: A-B-C-D-E-F-G…A-B-C-D-E-F-G…A-B-C-E-D-F-G is how we spell hername. (I can't remember many children's songs, but we used that one in dance class.) A friend told me I need to get out more ;-). Now that's Dd#2 is learning the letters and sounds, she at least knows the ones in her name.

    ReplyDelete