Template

Friday, October 13, 2006

To clean or to kite

I was sort of thinking of using this blog as a daily (or weekly or whenever I get to it) log of our activities. I thought rather than archive things, or in addition to it, I could copy and paste and eventually have a diary of my thoughts & cute actions of the kids.

Today, the kids are outside trying to fly kites. It's pretty windy out. The preschooler has been done with all of this school since 10am and has been patiently waiting (or not so patiently, depending on the hour) for the 1st grader to get done - who didn't start until 11am. They both have been waiting until the 3rd grader got done - now they're busy flying (or trying to fly) kites in our fenced in backyard.

The dishes are done, but the table isn't cleared from lunch & afternoon snack. I've got to get off the computer and get it done before Dave comes home and accuses me of being a lazy homeschooler! Poor Dave. I have fights with him in my head about things that haven't happened. I can just picture the fight we'd have if he actually called me that...he never has...and he probably never will. Of course that time in the hospital when he was having an alergic reaction to the drugs he did actually yell a little... BUT THAT'S OFF THE TOPIC.

-- oops, I have to go fix a kite first (is fixing a kite more important than clearing the table? which is being lazy?...hmmm....) "Let's go fly a kite, up to the highest height. Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring. Up to the atmosphere, up where the air is clear. Oh, let's go -- fly a kite."

3 comments:

  1. Of course, I appreciate having a home to come home to. I would hope and pray that I never accidentally accused my dear wife of being a lazy homeschooler. I DO value my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pssst...you were 'supposed' to say you'd never accuse your wife of being lazy because she ISN'T, not because you're afraid of her....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd NEVER accuse my wife of being lazy because she ISN'T (and I have a very healthy respect for her as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete