Template

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Pro-life


Dave and I went to a pro-life banquet last night. It's always so inspiring and moving to hear of others who are so dilagently using the time given them in this life to help save others' lives. Sometimes it feels like my contribution - just being with my children and cleaning -er- not-cleaning my house is so small to the cause of solving the world's problems. But my children need me. They need me to understand the complexity of life's issues and to slowly explain it to them while they are being protected and nurtured to grow into strong, capable citizens capable of making a difference. My little life looks even smaller in light of these huge problems and the incredible efforts of others to make a difference. I pray. I vote, write letters and try to stay informed. It all seems so little compared to 4,000 babies killed every day in America to abortion!

However, I don't live my life based on my feelings, but on the objective truth that I KNOW. I know this world is a better place because my children have a mother who stays home to nurture and educate them. I have to allow myself to live in the middle of that truth - rather than be distracted by the wonderfully worth while causes to which I could dedicate my time. *sigh* someday when I don't have little ones...God willing, but today, I need to do the dishes and grade a math paper or 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment