Template

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Freaky Weather

The kids have had so much fun today. Just after lunch the weather was totally weird! It was sunny & snowing in mid-October! They all ran outside bare-footed screaming about the snow. (and I wonder why they've had so many colds...) So, I did the mom-thing and yelled at them all to come in and put on coats and shoes. They all put on their snowboots for those few flakes. I thought it was wishful thinking, but then it started to REALLY SNOW HARD (for all of 3 minutes.) They were so excited. Then the sun came out again and I let them play outside for about an hour. I plied them with hot chocolate to get them in and once in they started school again. One of the girls brought the boys' desks into the family room and sat a kitchen chair in front of them and took charge of the boys' school. They all looked so cute "playing school." Really, she used their workbooks and actually taught the boys school today. I told the boys it was time for them to read to me, and they asked if their sister-teacher could do it. SURE! I love days when we get our work done and everyone is happy. Not all days in homeschooling (or family life) are like that, so I'll enjoy it when it comes around. One of these days I'll be writing that I'm pulling my hair out at these frustrating kids. Today, though, they are just the most adorable children in the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment