...and the quest continues. There's been some interest (among my loyal friends who would say I looked pretty even if I didn't) in the planner I designed for our school.
Along the side of the page are places for us to decide meals for the day (so we remember to get the meat out of the freezer and we don't have complaints about kids wanting to fix something different for lunch), Mama's Routines (things I never remember to do that would really help me if I did like setting my clothes out for the next day), Morning Chores & Afternoon Chores, Individual kids chores based on the day (since some kids rotate and some don't). Below is the view of that same page on the bottom.
The next section is our ROUTINES. This is specifically for our school routines.Some of this seems a little silly to make the effort to put into print, but I forget what I think would be good for the kids to do (and we end up forgeting to do any mapwork until I come across it 3 months after the fact). In the heat of battle, I can't keep creative ideas in mind -- so I need them somewhere easily accessible. I also have any scheduling things in this section.
In this section we have our
- Religion plans
- books I intend to use for the year (nothing worse than buying books and not being able to remember what you're even looking for on the shelf because you can't remember what you decided to buy 8 months ago)
- Confirmation plans & notebook ideas (so I don't forget what I wanted to get done)
- Spelling Worksheet
- Book Report ideas
- Prayer Checklist
- Primary Sources Evaluation Checklist
- Vocabulary Ideas
- IEW Checklists and models
- Latin vocabulary and traslation for the year
- Timeline memorization for the year
- Any other memorization items I know we'll want to cover this year
- 5 minute Brain Breaks
Faith - The next section contains ideas I'd like to incorporate for the year. Liturgical Year ideas from A Year With God and A Treasure Chest of Traditions for Catholic Families and all the saint ideas for each day from Elizabeth Foss' 4Real Learning forums - GREAT STUFF (if I can just get it incorporated). I always figure, if I do some of it, I'm better off than if I hadn't done any.
All my contact from outlook and an extra copy of contacts from groups or meetings. OFTEN, I'll be out and need to call some obscure person I never call for a particular reason.