Template

Friday, July 31, 2009

Primary Sources Evaluation

I really appreciate Susan Wise Bauer's The Well Trained Mind. I've used and used it. One of the things I like is how many ideas and options she gives for each stage of learning. For middle school, I require my kids to use some primary sources. She gives an easy way to evaluate them.


How it works for us, is that I find (or let them find) a primary source online. Here are a few:
I also have a set of primary sources called the Annals of American History from Encyclopedia Britannica that I got for $15 on e-bay which was recommended by Angelicum Academy.


I've also found this article interesting, but for ease of use you can't beat The Well Trained Mind's evaluation of primary sources. Thank you Susan Wise Bauer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment