Template

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Slow Days

As I sit here, I have a boy (Ds#4) sitting on my lap pushing down on my fingers while I'm trying to type -- it's a little slow going.

All but Ds#4 have the flu. I came down with it first, hence my silent blogging this week. Who gets the flu just as it's getting nice out? I'm huddled up with the heater cranked, and tons of clothes on trying to keep my head from falling off my shoulders. Ds#3 woke up with it today, so he's in the tub. Dd#1 & 2 came down with it, too. No one has actually gotten sick, we all just feel like it. Dd#2, as usual, has had the lightest case and is running around taking care of everyone. All her activity and her very high metabolism usually makes me crazy -- and then some days...She is a visit from Athene coming to attend mere mortals (we'll be ending our unit on Greece next month and you can look forward to Roman metaphors).

This is our Athene during her 1st Communion photo shoot. We have a dear friend who has taken the most beautiful pictures of our children through the years. Laura has been like a sister to me and is Godmother to Ds#4. All the kids think of her more as a fairy godmother.

Dd#1 and I went to a mother-daughter banquet at a neighboring parish on Sunday. The kids went iceskating while I was starting to come down with it on Monday. Other than that, we've cancelled all our stuff this week. We cancelled the playdate with friends, piano lessons, our visit with our cousins, we're not going to Game Club today, we cancelled out "learn to bake homemade bread" lesson I've been pressuring Julie about, and the Talent Show on Sunday. We're just taking it easy and trying to get school in as we feel good enough to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment