Template

Friday, May 07, 2010

Book Review : Living Memory by Andrew Campbell



I've had my eye on this book for quite some time. I hesitated to buy a book that was just a compilation of information I already had in other places. However, something that would genuinely assist me in getting all the topics covered that I feel guilty about -- now that's worth something!

This book is really WONDERFUL! I've only found it at Lulu http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/living-memory/4080865?productTrackingContext=search_results/search_shelf/center/6%3freviewItem#detailsSection

This comprehensive K-12 resource for memorization, copywork, and dictation can be used with any classical curriculum or as a handy reference for home or school.

Even though I KNOW how important memory is as a subject in school to supplement allllll their learning, it's sooo difficult to fit in. Then when I finally find things I want each of the kids to memorize, it takes me weeks (or more) to find more once they've completed the task. Then, another year has gone by and I've put little to no memorization facts before the kids when I KNOW it's important. THIS BOOK HELPS! It's all there for me (and then some.) When we have to pare down all the extras in school due to the flu or other life happening, this books makes it so easy for me to choose what items to put back on the schedule easily.

I was amazed and impressed by the variety of subjects covered. I had to put tabs in mine to keep them all handy!

Latin - Bible Verses, Prayers, Songs / Greek / Math / Grammar / Literature - Songs, Poetry, Plays / Religion & Christmas / Geography / World History - Speeches / U.S. History - Songs, Speeches / Science

This will really help me accomplish the things I want to and keep my priorities, too. As a matter of fact, it already has! I ordered this a month before we ended school for the spring and the kids learned things I've been neglecting for years. THANK YOU, Andrew Campbell!

No comments:

Post a Comment