Template

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

101 meaningless things about me

See how I am? The 100th post got by me and I didn't even notice! I had something special planned, too!

So, now I'll have to fudge it and do it for my 101st post - as if that's so significant. Most of the significant things in my life don't seem like that big of a deal anyway - I just think weird.

1. I’m pregnant
2. I’m sick & cranky when I’m pregnant
3. I always loose "guess that baby" contests, because I look exactly the same as when I was a kid. (I used to stare in the mirror and wonder what I'd look like as a grown-up - God was already showing me.
4. I complain a lot when I’m pregnant
5. I can’t stand negative people when I’m pregnant (one of us is enough in the world)
6. I had stick straight hair when I was a kid
7. My parents rarely made me brush my teeth when I was a kid
8. I'm excited by thunderstoms
9. I have the opposite reaction of colors that most people do
10. Reds are supposed to be aggressive – I despise most of them
11. Blues and greens, especially light, are exciting and refreshing and freeing to me
12. Sometimes I have to drag myself out of bed because I’d rather stay there all day
13. Sometimes I wake up in the morning feeling like I could conquer the world
14. I’ve always wanted to be able to fly – of my own ability like Superman
15. I really love Jesus (is that really #15?) – uhhhh this list isn’t in order
16. The best thing that ever happened to me was meeting Jesus in Confession
17. I’m a party girl (except when I’m pregnant).
18. I believe in spanking children when needed
19. There’s some kids that aren’t mine that I’d like to spank (especially when I’m pregnant)
20. I don’t like reading the bible. It rarely comes alive for me. I do it, some, but not everyday.
21. I’m a terrible housekeeper.
22. I had a grandmother and a great aunt who was a terrible housekeeper – I come by it naturally.
23. I ADORE having "grown-up" conversations with my kids.
24. I love throwing parties and if I go too long without hosting something, I need a fix.
25. I clean the house before I have a party – usually.
26. I don’t know how to bake bread…yet.
27. I’ve always wanted to parasail – Dave has requested I refrain from this dream.
28. I don’t mind loosing in a game – it’s all about fun.
29. If I think I’ll be judged by trying something new, I’ll do it in secret.
30. I have almost no secrets. If anyone asks me anything about myself, I’ll tell it.
31. I overwhelm people easily by being so intense.
32. Dave was the first guy who could “handle” me.
33. I can’t stand controlling or jealous men.
34. I’m a free spirit.
35. I like to work on the computer.
36. I love books.
37. I love dishes.
38. Other than books or dishes, I don’t think I’m very materialistic.
39. I don’t like bugs.
40. I mostly don’t like being outside, unless the weather’s perfect and there’s no bugs.
41. I miss the ocean.
42. I moved every year, sometimes twice, until I got to high school to different schools, often different states.
43. I love looking at houses and dreaming of it would fit or not.
44. Dave and I take the kids to open houses on Sundays very often.
45. I don’t think kids should be sheltered from truth
46. I think kids should be protected against the harsh things of this world (truth that their age can handle).
47. I don’t like to cuddle.
48. I force myself to cuddle my kids because they need it.
49. I love to bake
50. I don’t like to shop
51. I love to read
52. I like leather
53. I like really trashy clothes, although I don’t dress like that…anymore
54. I love to play Uno
55. I hate CandyLand
56. I never liked science until I started homeschooling
57. We have a black lab, 2 hamsters, 2 fish tanks and a newt…the kids want frogs next
58. I’ve killed 2 batches of tadpoles
59. I don’t like driving mini-vans
60. I’m learning to like gardening
61. I crochet in the evenings
62. I love writing lesson plans
63. My books are categorized on shelves by target age & subject in school
64. Our historical fiction books are categorized further by year that their about
65. My favorite poem is “Song for a Fifth Child”
66. My hair is really long right now and I’m desperate to cut it. It keeps me awake at night when I roll over on it and can’t move my head.
67. My favorite animal when I was a kid was cats. My mom was allergic, though.
68. I am a petty person, but I fight it.
69. A lot of people tell me things they don’t tell others – I’ve learned how NOT to talk about other people’s stuff.
70. Getting married to Dave was the best decision I’ve made as an adult.
71. I’m crazy about my husband – I love the way his mind works.
72. I don’t like roller coasters as much as I used to.
73. I can’t hulla hoop.
74. Swimming is the only exercise I can stand because I can’t feel myself sweat.
75. I don’t have vision – I can’t “see” a room completed when I’m decorating until it’s done
76. My sister chooses clothes for me better than I do.
77. I like blogging.
78. I keep a journal and have since 4th grade. (I think I need to burn a few volumes)
79. I have a book of poetry I made up in high school.
80. I wanted to grow up to be an executive when I was 15.
81. Other than when I was 15, I’ve always wanted to be a mom.
82. My high school counselor told me I was throwing away my life to want to be a mom.
83. God’s gift in allowing me to be a mom, was the best gift I’ve received from Him as an adult.
84. I don’t like carrying a purse – it makes me feel burdened with responsibility.
85. I don’t wear any jewelry except my wedding ring, and it has a stone missing.
86. I don’t have 101 things about my life that I can write about.
87. I want a new house so we can have a basement and a huge yard – like 3 acres with a pond.
88. I taught myself to drive a stick shift car after I bought the car. It was my first.
89. Reading about God is my favorite subject.
90. I don’t like to cook, but I love cookbooks.
91. I had terrible handwriting until I had to teach my own kids to write – it’s much better now.
92. The friend I’ve had the longest is Melanie and we only see each other occasionally, sometimes not even every year – but we’ve been friends since highschool.
93. I like 60’s music.
94. Most of my furniture is a version of burgundy, navy & hunter – while my dream furniture is sage.
95. I don’t like doing my girls’ hair and so they look fairly unkempt until they can learn to do it for themselves.
96. Someday I will take happily take advice from my children.
97. One of my deepest fears is that I won’t have a good relationship with my daughters, but I have all hope that God will overcome my fears to create His reality.
98. I like my new digital camera.
99. I love to have a garden, but I don’t like to tend it, harvest it and I’ve never learned to can.
100. I grow herbs every year but I don’t know what do with them once they’ve grown.

and

101. Sometimes I resent the telephone – sometimes I thank God for it. That’s true of most things in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:15 AM

    I just love reading your blog! However tonight really threw me becasue I started so late and didn't realize it would be so long but of course I HAD to read all the way down to #101 before I could sleep! I just love the person you are!
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete