Template

Monday, March 05, 2007

Newt News

Dd#2 got a fish tank for Christmas. Since Dave is a fish enthusiast (and gave a bunch of our family fish tanks for Christmas) he didn't want to give Dd#2 just a fish tank. She got one with a duel habitat of water in the bottom third and slate rock on suction cups above the water for amphibians with a waterfall (hiding the aerator, heater & filter) coming out from the top.

We were going to buy crickets at the pet store yesterday for Dd#2's Newts. Dave suggested we just catch & use those pesky carpenter ants. (I wish we didn't have ants...this is our first winter to have them and I have to wait until spring to make Dave rip up our house - literally, to find them.)

7:20 am this morning:

Ds#3 "I found an ant for her fishtank !!!!"

Ds#4 "I want to catch it!!"

Ds#3 "No, I'm going to catch it and give it to the newt."

Ds#4 "NO! It's my FRIEND!"

Dd#2 "Let me catch it!"

Ds#3 "No, I saw it first, I want to catch it."

Dd#2 "It's my fish tank."

Dd#1 - completely silent thinking they were all gross to be fighting over catching bugs *BLECH*

Ds#3 "I got it!"

Ds#4 "NO! It's my FRIEND!"

Dd#2 "Let ME put it in."

Ds#3 "I caught it!"

Ds#4 "NO! It's my FRIEND!"

Dd#2 "I feel sorry for it. Let's not let it die such a horrible death as DROWNING!"

Ds#4 "Yea! It's my FRIEND!"

Daddy "Mama's not going to let that ant live so it's going to die some death, it might as well feed your newt."

Ds#4 "NO! It's my FRIEND!"

Dd#2 "OK, let's watch it."

Ds#3 "I'll put it in."

Ds#4 "Let me see!" as a fish came by and gobbled it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment