Template

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Describe your relationship with your kids during school?

How would you describe the relationship between you and your child(ren) in the learning environment?

For the older children, my relationship in regard to school is that of a coach with high expectations. I see my role as one of helping them gain confidence to accomplish what they will eventually seek out for themselves. Our goal is to foster indepenant learning.
Our relationship is characterized by competence and effective transmission of values & knowledge. We are very focused on accomplishing the task at hand during school time. Without coddling them, I also take their individual needs and interests into account.

For the younger children, my relationship in the school setting is one of a nurturing mother and having fun.

This was an intersting question to ponder...post your answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment