Back Row :
- A cup with : pens, pencils, highlighter, sissors, scrap paper, Burt's Beeswax foot creme, diaper rash creme, an often read Elizabeth Foss article After the Nativity , thermometer, and baby lotion
- Mary Kay facial lotion, baby powder & a candle (high enough that Dave won't think the flame is in danger of the other stuff on the nightstand
- A Handbook on Guadalupe
- The Once and Future King a library book to be read when we're done with Phantom Tollbooth is done as a read aloud.
- Founding Of Christendom: History Of Christendom Vol 1
- Theology Of The Body For Beginners
- CD's of workshops from the Cincinnati Homeschool Convention that a friend attended and let me borrow her CD set. (I've had them for a year, now. I think it's time to return them. *BEWARE of allowing Jenn to borrow things.*)
- The Catholic Faith Handbook for Youth, Second Edition and lesson plans to substitute teach for a 7th grade CCD class -- the book is really excellent for a year of religion class. It's deeper and a little more challenging than Faith & Life.
- The God Who Loves You: Love Divine, All Loves Excelling This isn't one of Peter Kreeft's usual chatty books. It's been a a little dry but just as deep as anything Kreeft explores.
- Imprimis the free digest magazine of speeches from Hillsdale College
- Memoria Press Catalog which is also full of articles, entitled The Classical Teacher
- Mater Eucharistae the newsletter of my FAVORITE, WONDERFUL Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist
- Institute for Excellence in Writing Catalog
- 2 rosaries - one for me and one for the next kid who can't sleep. Praying a rosary does wonders for not being able to sleep.
By the way, this is Dave's night stand. A sound machine and an alarm clock. Never anything else. What does that say?? (Utility and order are more important than self-expression? He doesn't find the luxury of lounging in bed exciting enough to hang out there?) I'm just saying, it's worth pondering.
What's on YOUR nightstand?