Template

Monday, September 24, 2007

Day 4

This is officially Day 4 (or night 4 as the case may be) of almost constant Braxton Hicks. It's almost comical (and yet...) that everytime my stomach gets hard as a rock I'm totally nauseous at the same time. The last 4 days have been...what's the positive way to say this...MISERABLE. I've felt like I had the DT's (not that I exactly know what those feel like) just crawling out of my own skin -- restless and anxious barely begin to scratch the surface. If I could run away from my body, I would. Sunday (yesterday according to my body's clock) I had accompanying...bathroom issues...to boot. I had to quit wearing my Medieval Torture Apparatus. Usually when I take it off, I'm in pain, but I was so miserable that I didn't notice.

Yesterday marked the beginning of the end. Not because these are all pre-labor symptoms (remember that my body can "pretend" to go into labor and have huge pre-labor symptoms for weeks -or more), but because one of my greatest priorities on earth as has been officially stymied. I made a valiant attempt to make it through Mass yesterday morning .... and failed. The kids brought me breakfast in bed and I laid in bed directing the traffic of the kids getting ready until almost 15 minutes before we walked out the door to preserve my energy. It wasn't enough. Half-way through I had to leave and go lay in the van with the air-conditioning on until Dave & the kids were done and could take me home. If I can't make it through the most important thing in my week, the one thing that I'm willing to expend my entire energy for the day to do, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it through anything outside my house. It's at this point that I'll have to rely on the kindness of strangers (well, actually really good friends) to get me through.

oh...and another thing. We're having fly issues. We've had fruit flies since AUGUST that I've been trying to battle, but just when I think we've got them licked, 2 days go by and we have them again. The going rate is $0.25 per house fly the kids kill and yesterday they earned $3.00. Where are they all coming from?? Dave informed me last night the the garbage can in our attached garage was "covered" in them. So we have pestilence as well as plague (can pregnancy be considered plague?) ...this is some sort of test...and I think I'm failing.

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I missed this post when I was reading your blog before...and I have some oh-so-important-info for you!

    Fruit flies...we have them too. BUT, I know how to get rid of them! Put out a little dish with some apple cider vinegar in it and put a couple of drops of liquid dish detergent in the vinegar. It works like a CHARM! I caught 17 fruit flies in about 20 minutes one night. My kids love checking the dish to see how many we've gotten. LOL

    ReplyDelete