Template

Monday, February 05, 2007

Winter Weather

This morning, the kids wanted to call the weather man. On speakerphone he said -2 with a windchill of -27. It's been pretty windy. Dh made all the girls wear pants to Mass, yesterday (Sunday). They were EXTREEMELY upset and felt underdressed, even though most in our parish wear pants. On Sunday, they're just used to wearing their "best." He wouldn't let any of the kids go outside to play, either. I would have said through my laughter, "If you really WANT to...but you'll be back inside SOOON." He's such an insurance man at heart- always looking out for what might happen. He's also a GREAT Dad looking out for everyone's best interest - like not freezing their noses off!

This morning, our heater couldn't keep up with the cold. It's set at 67, but it was 65 when we woke up. 63 by the time I finished a long and often interuppted rosary. The kids had hissy fits when I told them to wear sweatshirts and socks, today! I called Dave for advise and he suggested we bake today. Well, we LOVE to bake!! He also wanted me to close all the curtains. I LIKE the curtains open! I've had a cold, but thankfully all the kids are well right now so we just bundled up and cleaned (to fast music) and baked. We do have one space heater. Within about 3 hours the house was back up to 67. I can't imagine people where there houses have less resources! Jesus, we give you these small sacrifices and ask you to be with and ease the burden of those who must make large sacrifices today.

No comments:

Post a Comment