Template

Friday, February 23, 2007

Mindless Meetings

I really hate meetings for meetings' sake. I'm not good on a committee and don't work well with others. Give me a task - a tiny bit of direction - and I'll make up the rest and run with it. Usually I can accomplish some modicum of success.

The weekly co-op we've been doing this year was more work than I wanted to put into it. So, when people started asking me about doing it again next year, and I knew they were right and it was time to get moving on it...I was plain discouraged. I prayed about getting out of it. I asked Dave and told him all the pro's and con's from my perspective. He advised me to stick with the co-op for next year and just try to diversify the work load. I was even more discouraged. I just wanted to be done with it! The Co-op allowed us to get in most of our extra curricular activities during the day so it didn't take away from family time in the evenings and it allowed us to stay home 4 days a week and get all our school done without the incredible stress of running in and out the door and trying to pick up where we left off when we were tired and cranky from running around. The house stays in better order when we aren't running out the door. It was really working for every member of our family but me and I wasn't doing it for my sake to start with so...
FINE, GOD! If you intend on being mean and MAKING me do this, FINE!
(while I stomp off to my room to pout.) -this is what a terrible Christian I am and an example of what a sucky job I do with submission.

So, I scheduled a planning meeting with the people who seemed interested in helping. Last night we finally got together for the planning meeting (February weather in Indiana can be unpredictable and it took some doing to get another date).

God is SO good! We accomplished an incredible amount at the planning meeting and some of the women had suggestions of how to diversify that really makes it completely do-able and enjoyable for me to participate next year. As a matter of fact, I won't be doing anymore than any other participant!! I AM SOOO PSYCHED about next year!! God took my teeny, tiny bit of submission and gave me everything I needed (in His time).

No comments:

Post a Comment