Template

Monday, February 05, 2007

Homeschooling, the old fashioned way

We've been catching up in school. I wasn't behind, but we weren't where I wanted to be. So, I've been trying to get us caught up. The kids, as usual, have been fine with the work load - I'm the one struggling. Last night I started feeling better from my cold, but didn't get around for writing lesson plans for the week. So...today we played with the Spanish & Health collections of books I got from the wonderful, God-bless-it, library (I just love those people and keep them in my prayers.) I had the girls work through the scientific method of their upcoming science fair projects. (Since I put off the registration and it was due TODAY. Remember what happened with the poetry contest deadline?) They didn't do the experiment, but wrote up their titles, their objective, what they were measuring, a list of needed materials, a brief procedure list of what they're experiment entails, and what they think will happen. They each wrote them out on separate wipe-off boards. Then they had to collect as much of the materials as they could so we could make a shopping list. To accomplish this we had a "business meeting" with Daddy. Dave had us put him on speaker phone, so we could all confer about how best to accomplish this using true science - not just Jenn's twisted idea of what I wish science was like. Between the 2 girls, that took a portion of the day (while I did dishes, etc). So we spent hours on just a few subjects. It sure put the fun back in school, today! Well...I had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment