Template

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hamster Time!

This is what goes on in my house multiple times a day. I thought they might get used to them and start to ignore them. 6 months later, it hasn't happened. I thought they might kill them soon after getting them. Ds#4 has dropped them a few times and Maggie, our black lab who watches the cage for hours crying with desire to get them, picked up the hamster in her mouth and dropped it at Ds#4's feet. She just wanted to retrieve.

They're named Diggy and Eatey (because one was digging the first day and one was eating). I told the kids that those are pretty much the only activities hamsters do - but they insisted. They were actually right. One eats all the time and fights the other one over the food - Eatey is an obese bully. Diggy is sweet and the one everyone wants to hold. Diggy eats out of our hand (we don't think she gets much other food from the cage). "Can I hold the hamsters?" is a question I answer multiple times a day.
Yes, their eyes are red. They are Russian Dwarf Hamsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment