Template

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Spring - To - Winter - Switch

Ugghhhh. This is not a job I prefer. Switching out clothes for 4 kids / deciding what I should keep for the next year /what won't fit so should it be passed down to the next kid / or should we get rid of it / keeping in mind what I've just gone through so I know what I still need to get in which size....

so many decisions ...

so many clothes ...

This year, I'll need to get this job done before I can get in the attic to pull out pregnancy clothes.
(I'm a big complainer!)

This morning I got the boys' clothes done. Dave thought it was odd that on a day that it was snowing, I was putting all their summer clothes in their drawers. He was really the impetus, since last night he told the boys to clean their room today -- and there was no way they could with all the winter and summer clothes mixed up all over their room.

Actually, this year is easier because Dave bought bed lifts for the legs of all the beds. I can store the kids' upcomming winter clothes in an under-the-bed-storage-box and don't have to mess with boxes in and out of the attic - and when we got a warm spell in, I just pulled their summer box out from under the bed to get a few items out. (But as soon as they saw their summer clothes under the bed, they didn't stay there...)

Of course, there are people in the world (many) that would switch lives with me in a heartbeat and long to have the problem of too many clothes to deal with for their children...Jesus, please help those people who don't have the means to care for their children and the weight and loss they must experience. Praise you, Jesus, for the life you've given us and help us do your father's will with these blessed lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment