Template

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Whew!

This whole -tired during pregnancy- thing ... has been kicking my butt! I always intensely dislike the "barely functional" mode of having babies. I know - it gets worse when I've got a newborn up in the middle of the night. But my body is so tired.
It also feels like I don't have anything to contribute to anyone's life - there's just not much of me left after attempting to function. I don't feel like seeing friends, or blogging or connecting with anyone. I just want to sleep (and dream that my dishes are already done). I don't want to cook - but man, am I hungry all the time!! I don't remember eating this much before.
Lots of time I feel selfish -- I have this beautiful life -- and what do I do to give back to God? Only what's pleasant -spending time with my friends -investing in my own children ...
THIS is so small on the suffering scale ... but it's what I've got to offer Christ right now. So, even though it seems like a lame, meager gift - and in no way comforts the part of me that feels like I should be able to be productive - God will have to make my gift of sacrifice of my body right now and make it worthy for Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment