Template

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Start School

We start school in 4 days!! Next Monday, in spite of a sleepless night, I plan on starting school. I'm a little anxious (I always am) and a little excited (each year I'm less excited, but after 6 years of the first day of homeschooling, I'm just thankful that I can still muster excitement each year -- I wonder what I'll be at my 16th year? That's a little daunting to think about.)

Taking the summer off does wonders for my eagerness to start school in the fall.

This year to start school, I :

  • bought new books
  • filled out the kids' new student planners
  • cleaned the schoolroom
  • got a new recliner to sit in (for me)
  • put up new posters (Astronomy -- I took down the Greek gods poster)
  • cleaned the house
  • bought a few new school supplies (we didn't need much)
  • had the kids clean out their desks

I wish I would have:

  • gotten a coat of paint in the room we'll do school in
  • did a 30-day cooking session
but, those things were not to be.
I think we'll go out for Pizza and do school in our pajamas the first day.

What do you do to make the start of school special?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:05 PM

    Jenn,

    We always have a NOT going back to school fun day on the day the ps kids start back. Then we take a week's family vacation.....because the lake is empty....all the kids are in school! : )

    Here's the answer to your co-op question you asked on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great first day of school! We start on Aug. 15 when DH goes back to work (public school). I'm ready to be back in the school year routine!!

    ReplyDelete