Template

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Pasta Salad

Do you know I can't make a decent pasta salad to save my life? The ones from the box come out just fine. I can make a homemade one "look" like a pretty pasta salad. It sure doesn't taste like one.
I've tried recipe after recipe -- and I can't come up with one that tastes right. My problem is that no matter how much italian dressing I put in, after a few hours it tastes like...oil...tasteless. Even when I put more italian dressing in a second time ... after a few hours it tastes really oily. I don't know how to get the taste to stay.
How hard can this be??


I need to put this one under "cooking failure" (except that I don't have a category for that and I'm hoping not to have tooooo many cooking failures).


There's a trick I'm not privy to...


Does your pasta salad turn out?

2 comments:

  1. I just returned Kid Food by Rachel Ray to the library, and inside is a recipe called something like Supreme Pizza Pasta Salad which even my kids will eat (mostly).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. My kids will eat Pasta Salad (they mostly eat everything - mostly), I just don't like what I make. By the second day it's either oily or has no taste. BLECH!

    ReplyDelete