Template

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

1st day of school, 2007

What a great start to the year...I'm sure this will be typical of our days!

We got up for morning Mass and everyone was good. Our priest gave us a blessing for our first day of school. We stopped at the store for eggs and came home to make pancakes, sausage and fruit for a big healthy breakfast. At 10am we started our full-day of school.

At 10:30 I woke up in my chair with the kids laughing at me that I couldn't stay awake. As I stumbled upstairs and mumbled something about them trying to do some independent work while I tried to take a nap...they were laughing at me, again.

Finally, at 12:45, I woke up (feeling SOOO guilty!) and the kids honestly had done much of their seat work (and a craft and a science movie from the library I had onhand). So, we had lunch and did some chores and started school at 2pm. We had to work until 7pm, but we got almost everything done for the day including our chores....whew!

I'd like to THINK that our days won't be that disjointed and I won't be out of commission that much...but we'll just have to wait and see. I think I need to read some more about homeschooling while pregnant. This is tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment