Template

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Saving Money

For years, our family has been praying to get out of debt. So far...it hasn't happened. We're still praying. We're also stepping up our efforts.

I know it's a cliche to say "make a game out of saving money," but I do feel like it's a challeng we can meet with God's help.

We've recommitted ourselves to getting out of debt. Some of the ways we're modifying our lives to accomplish that are :

  • Trying to go out to eat very rarely
  • No paying overdue fines at the library
  • Dave said he'll pack his lunches for work
  • I'm going to spend less this year on curriculum *ouch!* (see how committed I am?)
  • I'm going to try and spend less for groceries
  • We're going to try and make presents rather than buy them all
  • No vacation this year

Things we've already been doing tword that end:

  • No cable TV
  • Not paying for news (newspapers online, etc.)
  • Buying as many clothes as we can at Salvation Army & Goodwill
  • Doing 30-day cooking
  • Cheap vacations
  • Taking advantage of as many inexpensive or free family activities as possible (civil war reinactments, park days, family zoo pass, etc.)

If you can think of other ways we could make a dent -- let me know! I'm on the hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment