Template

Friday, October 24, 2008

Q: What's wrong that I can't accomplish things I want to?

Q: I feel like I'm walking outside of God's Will that I can't accomplish things I know are of great importance, like helping out at church or praying at the abortion clinic, but I can't seem to get it done. Do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

This question was posed to me by a lovely friend who is pregnant with her 2nd child in 2 years. Someday she'll look back on this question and chuckle.

My response :

A: You're not lazy, you don't have a lack of priorities...as a matter of fact it's your right priorities that makes you do what's most important (caring for your family and doing the HARD WORK of growing new life) instead of what you'd like to get done. Plus making the sacrifice of praying at home while you care for your family adds to your prayers, not decreases them. This is just a season of seeming lack of accomplishment, when it's really one of the most difficult seasons in a woman's life. You may not be accomplishing anything for yourself personally, but you're doing a great work for your family. It can be hard to see, but that's looking through the eyes of the world, not the eyes of Christ who knows what it is to suffer for those He loves. He sees your sacrifices and the great work you're accomplishing. Have faith and perservere in putting your family first.
I found being a "stay at home mom" very difficult, and isolating, and boring. It wasn't until I started homeschooling that we found a rythm and purpose to our days. This difficult time will pass and it can get better. Remember, this is just a season in your life. Keep praying through it.

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog and while I like your advice to this young mom, she may be feeling a call to minister to others, and not just that bored, not making a difference feeling we all get.
    What I am saying is, always encourage others to pray and ask God what to do, and he will provide a way. When I had a four year old, a three year old, and twin one year olds, I felt that same feeling and was told I was doing enough.

    But one young lady stepped out in faith and encouraged me to pray about it. Which I did, and I ended up taking my little ones to the nursing home near my home and was blessed to see the older people's faces light up at the sight of little ones. We shared some bible verses and just said HI, but I know I wouldn't have done it if I had not sought the Lord.

    ReplyDelete