While I don't find John McCain particularly exciting, I am finding his campaign more and more interesting. Do I need (or particularly want) excitement as a prerequisite for my president? Nope, I don't. I've always found his sacrifice as a POW to be inspiring (video clip). I have read VERY interesting and virtuous things about McCain's wife, Cindy. This woman LIVES what we all BELIEVE about being pro-life.
THEN, he selects SARAH PALIN!!! woohoooo (Jenn screams wildly). She's ...
- pro-life in her politics and her life (they chose to have a 5th baby who has Downs Syndrome and would be a FANTASTIC public example of why this diagnosis shouldn't be a death sentence for the baby)
- mother of a large family (although in homeschooling circles 5 doesn't seem big -- it does to the rest of America)
- positive tword homeschooling
- (did I mention she's adorable?)
- seriously committed to representing the people (me!)
- as committed as John McCain to making sacrifices for America (her son is going to be serving overseas this month)
- she doesn't seem to shy away from coming up against tough issues (and people)