Template

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Assumption

We had a beautiful Feast of the Assumption. I had a light day of school, a heavy day of cleaning and a few Mary crafts planned for the day.

Dave went to 8:15 Mass with us in the morning and we did some fun history. At noon our plans went out the window when my sister suprised us by knocking on our door. My sisters are like movie stars at our house where the kids all scream and come running from whatever part of the house to get a piece of their aunt. My sisters know this and always call first to see if it's a good time. This sister (one of 2) lives in Indy, so we don't get to see her much.

I almost didn't answer the door because Ds#4 had been knocking on the front door and hiding all morning watching and laughing when I opened the door. I try and be good natured about these things but he was about to get a spanking for it and when I heard the knock, I wasn't about to fall for it again. Then I realized it was someone knocking on the outside storm door.

We almost tackled her outside with hugs. She stayed for about 3 hours and our day was mostly shot.

We're moving furniture Saturday so we HAD to get some cleaning done. The kids were so excited with their finds under the couch. I kept hearing things like "...so THAT'S where that was!"

No comments:

Post a Comment