Template

Monday, June 23, 2008

A good time will be had by all!

I've been helping friends (many people from my homeschool support group) put on the Lapas Family FUNdraiser these last few months and the date is swiftly approaching. THIS SATURDAY (June 28th) our family will be there with many others (hopefully!!) to raise money to help with the medical bills for our friends who have been through so much. It should be plenty of fun to boot!! A big room with games for the kids, music, raffle prizes and dinner. And...and...and...and... Emilija's going to try and make it!! She JUST finished her last radiation treatment (her last for the rest of her LIFE, God willing!) and will be feeling well enough to come!

I'm helping with the food so I can tell you what we're serving : shredded BBQ pork, chicken, hot dogs, chips, pretzels and brownies for dessert. My kids are really looking forward to it (and would have so much more fun if your kids came, too!!)

The website (done by some lady who thinks she's a website diva - NOT!) is www.supporther.info and has lots more specific info. (get it - the dot info)

There are some SERIOUSLY KEWL auction & raffle items! I think I'd like the Mackinaw Island Vacation Get-a-way, or DeBrand's, or cookies from the Cookie Cottage -- heck, I'd be happy with Dairy Queen coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment