Template

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sacred Triduum

Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday

I am unprepared.
I am unprepared to have Christ wash my dirty feet and feed me with Himself.
I am unprepared to have my children see my inadequacies in bringing them to Him.
I am unprepared to watch Him suffer for me.
I am unprepared to have my children's eyes see the violence done to their beloved.
I am unprepared to be without Him while I grieve when He is dead in the tomb.
I am unprepared to face the children's questions, I have so few answers.

Unprepared as I am, He is asking me to go walk with Him.
Inadequate as I am, it is time to follow Him -- even to Golgotha.
Greived as I am for myself, my children and the world, He is our only answer.

As we enter into the Sacred Triduum
as we enter into the pain of His Passion
unlike the disciples, I know the end of the story.

The cross is meaningless pain without Resurection.
Resurection is a fairy story without the violence of the cross.
This Sacred Triduum we've been given brings together everything I need,
to make me who I am to become...
I am His.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jenn, this is really beautiful. thanks.
    :) Anne

    ReplyDelete