Template

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Failure is...

Reflection :
Having this baby has made me hit a brick wall as far as how much I can get done. While it may look to everyone else like I'm accomplishing a fine amount, I feel like I'm failing. I am keeping my priorities in order. However, in order to do so, I'm giving up a substantial amount of things I need and want to do.

I talk to friends and strangers and feel compelled to divulge how much I'm failing. I walk around in a slight daze foggy from sleep deprivation trying desperately to keep up. Everyone wants to comfort me and tell me it's not that bad. The most comforting item I heard about it was

"this time won't last long."
OHHHHHH, that felt so good to hear!! I know it's true. I can see it's true as I get out all the baby's 3-6 month clothes because he's outgrown his first size. It still feels so good to hear! ...and yet...sad at the same time...

No comments:

Post a Comment