Template

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Hullabalu

I wasn't sure if I'd make it to this year's Halloween party, but I got a good night's sleep the night before and was able to attend. (My WONDERFUL homeschool friends were already going to make sure that my kids could attend, whether I could or not.)


The mummy race was a GREAT game that we played for the first time this year. It's destined to become a classic. My Indian brave (you can just see his war paint peeking out of his mummy bandages on the far left) lost the race, but enjoyed it, nonetheless. On the right, you see the remnants of a game well played (and the kids had almost as much fun racing to clean it up!)

Next is a pic of my St. Fancis doing the monster mash after loosing a game of hot potato. Many of the kids (the boys in particular) were hesitant to participate in the dancing. My children had no such inhibitions, and eventually, even the older boys joined in.

The craft award goes to the mom who had a couple of 2x4's leftover in her garage. She used her circular saw (Cari's quite a multi-talented lady) and cut them into squares & short rectangles. She had her kids sand down the edges (I would have gotten sooo many whinney complaints about that part) and the older 2 (10 & 11 yr old girls) drove a large nail in the top of each. Then she spray painted them all orange all over. It was a BRILLIANT craft. She brought paint shirts & paint & let the kids paint their own jack-o-lanterns. Then she had raffia & black ribbon cut for the kids to tie onto the nail top. They all looked sooo cool. The picture at right is my Cleopatra in front a paint shirt rushing through the craft (she rushes through ALOT of things) -- someday we'll laugh at how much we have say, "Sweeheart, S-L-O-W D-O-W-N!! I thought my kids did a particularly poor job (the were much more into the dancing & ripping toilet paper apart), so when we got home I had them draw jack-o-lantern faces with permenant marker. The results were so pretty that I'm going to keep them for decorations for next year!! (and I don't usually decorate for Halloween!)

No comments:

Post a Comment