Template

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

FOCA letters to Indiana Senators

A friend sent this to me so as many people as possible could write to their senators to vote against FOCA.
I'm sure many of you have signed the e-petition against FOCA. I'm not sure how much pull e-petitions have with our elected officials. My Husband recently wrote these letters. I'm thinking if you want to copy them but change the personal information and sign them go ahead...we're sending ours out....feel free to forward them to pro life Indiana friends sharing the same views. These are our Indiana Senators. I thought having the letters ready to go might help some of you. I know it helps me.

Copy and paste this letter into a Word Document, changing the specifics for yourself. Then print off a second letter changing the Senator's address to :
Senator Evan Bayh
131 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510


Your name
Your address
Fort Wayne, IN 46804

December 10, 2008

Senator Richard G. Lugar
306 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510-1401

Dear Senator Lugar,

This letter is to urge you to vote against the Freedom of Choice Act. I strongly feel that this act, which President-elect Obama has pledged to sign into law, would be gravely detrimental to the well being of our country. It would overturn the reasonable restrictions on abortion enacted into law in many of our states and in Congress. Specifically, it would overturn the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act, the Child Custody Protection Act, and the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act, all of which you supported. It would also jeopardize the ability of hospitals and health care professionals to decline to perform abortions for conscientious reasons.

Senator, I am sure we all want to reduce the number of abortions. We cannot reduce the number of abortions, however, by removing all state and federal restrictions on abortion, restrictions which enjoy the support of a consensus of Americans. Again, I urge you to vote against the Freedom of Choice Act and even to support a Senate filibuster to keep the bill from being voted on.

Respectfully,

Your name and signature

No comments:

Post a Comment