Template

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Advent Tea

We've been trying to have a high tea each afternoon when we listen to & discuss the bible story of the day, put the corresponding ornament on the Jesse Tree and pray. It's been a fair amount of work, but really lovely. I'm amazed how well the children act when I hold them to a high standard of behavior for a short time (about 30 minutes). The boys have been especially quiet and still during tea and they both ask me if we'll have tea each day. I've given them tiny snacks (like 2 small cookies each), but made an effort to make it as pretty as possible. The biggest thing I've done is use our best china, which the kids have never used before. The flow-blue above is the kids great-great-great-grandmother's china. I'm so happy to share this moment in time with the heirs of all the people who have faithfully prayed and eaten off these dishes. It's added a very still, reverent and quiet dimension to our advent.

No comments:

Post a Comment