Template

Monday, August 27, 2007

Complain, complain

Yesterday, Dd2 got in trouble for whining and complaining all day (she was tired). Today, it's my turn.

I'd prefer to be an underground river of spiritual strength and take all my discomforts an inadequacies and give them only to Christ. Instead, I'm going to give in and complain to you...

I was spotting heavily Thursday morning. Went for an ultrasound but they found no complications (they thought just early effacement). I returned home within a few hours but was given strict instructions to take it easy for the remainder of the pregnancy (due 10/26).

Honestly, I WAS trying to take it easy - I've been in a considerable amount of pain the last month. The Relaxin in my system makes many of my joints pop-out of place. Traditionally my ribs (like when I cough), hips and SI joint pop out multiple times during pregnancy. Chiropractic care just isn't worth the money in my case. I spent the bucks with the last 2 pregnancies and by the time I waddled out to the car and hoisted myself in, I was all popped out again. If it's too bad, Dave has to massage and "pound" my joints back in. This pregnancy, the bones that let the baby out are stretching apart from each other making standing and walking pretty painful. That separation is great as the baby comes out -- not so good for walking around. I've also had pretty bad back pain & cervical pressure, so my mobility has been increasingly reduced the last month or two. Sleeping or even adjusting my position when sitting is not pleasant. Since I've got 10 weeks to go and I'm showing pre-labor symptoms, I'm eager to obey the doctor's orders - I'm very anxious not to have a pre-term baby.

OK -- I think that's out of my system for today. No more complaints, with God's help.

1 comment:

  1. You will be in my prayers! Hang in there!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete