Template

Friday, May 18, 2007

Praise God for Progesterone!

And a very responsive midwife! I wanted off of it. She was understanding and was very slowly weaning me off after she checked my levels and they were quite high. GREAT! Except that my body, apparently, really likes Progesterone. So after each decrease I got feeling worse and worse until I was almost as sick as when I found out I was pregnant and thought I had a TERRIBLE flu for days and days. I couldn't get out of bed. I was barely functioning. I couldn't think....

After a long talk with my midwife's nurse who suggested that it's almost like I suffer from post-partum depression during pregnancy (my body is very weird, I guess) and come to find out -- the protocol for post-partum is...progesterone.

So, we bumped me back up (not all the way when I felt blechy on it) -- and I've had several good days!! Thank you, Jesus, for not completely abandoning the needs of my 4 children to have a mother who can actually act like a mother!! The idea that I was letting my other children down was really working on my emotions.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like that?? Post-partum depression during pregnancy????? My body is such a weird-o.