Template

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ten Books List

This can be a quick one! Don't take too long to think about it! Ten books you've read that will always stick with you! First ten you can recall in no more than 15 minutes!

  1. Mr. God, This is Anna by Fynn (God is the realest reality of all no matter what anyone else believes)
  2. Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher (As a child I relished how with hard work and responsibility and sensible living as opposed to living by emotions, Betsy finds her place of belonging)
  3. Why Wait : What You Need to Know About the Teen Sexuality Crisis by Josh McDowell (As a young single, after I'd made a mess of my life I found the conviction, partially through this book, to make things different with God's grace)
  4. The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom (God is sovereign even in the worst of times)
  5. The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck (This was a gift from my romantic fiance and has emotional significance because of that. It validated that if reality tells you something new, don't be afraid to change the "map" in your head to reflect truth, not life as you used to believe it to be)
  6. What's Going on in There? : How the Brain and Mind Develop in the First Five Years of Life by Lise Eliot (The complexity of brain development from a scientist mixed with the miraculous excitement of a mom -- author is a mom/scientist)
  7. Catholic Education : Homeward Bound by Kimberly Hahn (As I read this book I kept audibly talking to the book in agreement with what it said about children and their place in our lives)
  8. Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder (I read this for the first time as an adult and loved the dignity and responsibility it gave to children)
  9. Fertility, Cycles & Nutrition by Marilyn Shannon (For 20 years I was told by doctors there was nothing to help my painful, irregular cycles and severe PMS. In one chapter I turned the pages of my life that no one had ever understood and she HELPED.)
  10. The Narnia Series by C.S. Lewis (I read this for the first time in highschool [just the Lion, Witch & Wardrobe] and it didn't do much for me. I read the whole series to my kids a few years ago and WOW!!! I've read parts over and over to myself just for fun. It's a serious escape to reality!)

Well, that was a fun travel back in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment